The 2021 Chevrolet Colorado has a new stylish design, better features and functionalities, and more security and connectivity. The American automotive brand indicates that it added at least 15 improvements as new and innovative elements to its 2021 Chevrolet Colorado. The brand's main objective is to enable this model to become a relevant competitor in the medium-sized pickups segment in the automotive industry.
The historic work truck appeared for the first time in the USA in 2004 as a replacement for the S-10 pickup truck with a gasoline engine.
Bakersfield Used Cars is a dealer of pre-owned cars in California and would like to let you know the key features of the 2021 Chevrolet Colorado in this blog. Keep reading!
Key features of the 2021 Chevrolet Colorado
Here are some key features of the 2021 Chevrolet Colorado that make it one of the most sought-after work trucks among its lovers.
Colorado 2021: Exterior Design
The exterior design of the 2021 Colorado is impressive because it compels you to turn your head toward it. You will find the following in this model:
- High-quality grille divided at the top by two chrome bars
- Round fog lights (15% more powerful lights) for better lighting and protection while driving
- Redesigned bumper for more robust aesthetics
- Extended skid plate protector
- New and innovative wheel design, with a more polished finish and a two-tone design
Colorado 2021: Interior Design
Colorado Extended Cab models have a long box (6-foot-2-inch), which is a little longer than offered by other compact pickups.
It has a Crew Cab body style that allows users to choose between the long and short boxes (5-foot-2-inch).
You will also find some helpful features of this model, including the steps integrated into the nooks of the rear bumper and accompanying hand grips in the bed rails. This model also comes with an EZ Lift & Lower tailgate, a convenience technology built by General Motors (GM) that makes using the pickup truck's tailgate easier and more convenient.
The Colorado Extended Cab models have four, and the Crew Cab models have five seats. The vinyl upholstery and a power-adjustable front seat for the driver are standard features. Other key features include the following:
- Good quality cloth upholstery
- Upholstery with high-quality synthetic leather
- Front seats with genuine leather material
- A power-adjustable front seat for the passenger
- Heated front seats (for more comfort, increased safety, and benefits for physical health)
- A heated steering wheel (making driving more comfortable during colder weather)
Other standard features inside the cabin include the following:
- A 7-inch touchscreen integrated with the Chevrolet Infotainment 3 system
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- Bluetooth and two USB ports
- Satellite Radio
- An audio system with six speakers
The integration of a rearview camera and the Teen Driver system makes the 2021 Colorado simply stunning. These features let you set the car speed and audio volume limits for secondary drivers, monitor their driving performance, and do other things.
Colorado 2021: Mechanics
Chevrolet maintains the well-known 2.8 Duramax turbodiesel engine, which delivers 200 Hp and 500 Nm of torque, associated with an 8-speed automatic transmission.
Further improvements brought by the brand to this model include the following:
- The throttle response improved by 6% from its previous model
- The initial acceleration is more immediate: 10.1 seconds from 0 to 100 km/h (-0.2s)
- New motor calibration lets the car operate up to 4,000 meters high
- Lower consumption between 3 and 10%, depending on the version
- The load capacity starts at 970 kg (High Country) and reaches 1,062 kg
The 2021 Colorado maintains the previous dimensions, which include the following:
- Length: 5,361 mm (47 mm more in the High Country version)
- Width: 1,870mm
- Height: 1,795mm
- Wheelbase: 3,096mm
- Ground clearance/ride height: 213 mm
- Cargo space: 1.48 x 1.53 x 0.58 meters
- Box volume: 1,330 liters
Colorado 2021: safety and security
Chevrolet indicates that although it is only an update, there were changes in the manufacturing processes that allowed it to improve the structural rigidity of the body by 20%. Likewise, the manufacturer added new structural reinforcements for the passenger compartment to enhance comfort.
Regarding safety equipment, the following features make the Colorado 2021 amazing:
- Six airbags as standard (previously only available on the High Country version)
- Updated Isofix clots (hidden behind the rear seats, in the joint between the seat's back and the cushion.)
- Standard stability and traction controls
- Electronic Trailer Sway Control (designed to control individual wheel slip to correct potential trailer swing before an accident)
- Reversing camera with HD resolution and guidelines
- Zoom In function to facilitate hitching trailers and other functions
- New pedestrian detection system and autonomous braking system
Colorado 2021: technology and equipment
The new Colorado debuts new and innovative technologies and adds some standard equipment, including the following:
- OnStar system (safety, security, and information services based on Global Positioning System (GPS) satellite and cellular technology)
- 4G LTE WiFi (up to 7 devices and 15 meters away)
- New MyLink3 infotainment system (offering communication, navigation, and entertainment features)
- Wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity option
Chevrolet was born from a long line of impressive work trucks and has made the new Colorado as inspiring as it is strong. You can use this compact truck for work, play, or family purposes. For any purpose, the model's durability, determination, and stamina make it a top choice among consumers. Both lovers and critics alike are impressed with Colorado's absolute power and innovative attributes.
If you're interested in the 2021 Chevrolet Colorado, visit Bakersfield Used Cars today to meet with our auto experts and take your dream car for a test drive. You'll find the best market price here - Guaranteed!